Against a backdrop of a global pandemic, the Caribbean is at a tipping point. With economies in flux across the globe, the region has been hit hard. The price of oil continues to roller coaster, the tourism sector has ground to a halt, and other industries have been gravely impacted as shutdowns have swept the region.
With priorities shifting, how do we stay on track to deliver clean and resilient electric grids across the Caribbean?
It starts here. CREF 2020 is going virtual, and we’ll be doing things differently.
This is what it’s going to look like:
Day One: Situation Room
Which islands have been hit the hardest, what’s the economic outlook, and how has the energy sector been impacted?
Day Two: Solutions & Opportunities
How do we “build back” new resilient, decarbonized economies? How do we keep clean energy front and center in that process?
Day Three: Getting It Done
We’ll need to be ambitious, and fiscal resources will be limited. How do we get it done? We’ll cover it all: Policy, regulation, financing, de-risking, supply chains, construction.
Some of the questions driving our discussions:
- As island economies are being hit hard by Covid-19, what immediate impacts has the region seen? What will be the impact on island energy transitions?
- How has Covid-19 impacted the project pipeline, from financing to execution? Who can project developers look to for financing? And on what terms?
- How can clean energy play a role in building back a more robust economy? How can the region build a clean energy workforce?
- As the region continues to pursue clean energy – who’s in and who’s out? What are the market opportunities for solar, storage, microgrids, wind, geothermal, EV’s, offshore technologies, WTE, etc.?
- Corporate Caribbean roundtable: Who is building clean energy, who is driving a clean energy workforce, and who is still in the waiting room? How can the region incentivize greater participation from large corporations?
How are we going to do it?
We start by going virtual, bringing the market together in a creative, solutions-oriented environment. Join us for three days of deep-dive discussions, Q&A’s with market leaders, town hall sessions, a virtual expo hall, and experts on-demand, and, of course, opportunities for networking with the region’s top influential leaders.
As always, we’ll be hosting action-challenges, and workshops with regional partners. Spaces are limited, so stay tuned for more details.
Want to get involved? We’d love to hear from you.
Interested in speaking? Submit a speaker application here.