Posted January 27, 2020
New Energy Events is a Hudson Valley-based organizer of international clean energy events with an opening for a part-time Operations Manager. This is an opportunity to join a growing team and make a significant contribution to the operation of world-class events promoting investment in clean energy. This role also offers the unique opportunity for travel throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Operations Manager will ensure the seamless delivery of 6-8 events per year, primarily in the Caribbean and Latin America, with ownership of end-to-end operations including:
- Venue identification, contract negotiation and ongoing venue management
- Coordinate with team, partners and vendors on an ongoing basis to ensure event milestones are being met on-time and on-budget
- Management of key systems and software including team project management tool, event websites, event registration, event networking app
- Primary point-of-contact for attendee, speaker and sponsor logistics throughout event lifecycle
- Organize design and production of event collateral
- Coordinate and implement all onsite operations for an event, including set up, onsite registration, coordination with hotel staff, audiovisual and photography
- Event budget management; account receivables
Cross-event operations management responsibilities include:
- Research and implement best practices for event management and business operations
- Identify and/or enhance any process gaps; propose solutions; create and document new processes
- Manage relationships and deliverables with third-party operational-focused partners including project management software platform, events management software platform, event networking app
- Assist in evaluation and management of procurement of systems and platforms
- General office management
You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. We are in the middle of vibrant Beacon in the mid Hudson Valley.
This is a part-time position (on average 20-25 hours a week) with the majority of time in-person with the team in the New Energy Events office (some remote work is possible). A competitive rate per hour will be provided, based on experience.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in an operations role
- Experience in event management a huge bonus
- Essential traits: detail-oriented; team-oriented; multi-tasking pro; adept at and enjoys problem-solving
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to work in Beacon, NY office for a minimum of 2 days a week
- Ability to travel to events across Latin America and the Caribbean (likely 4-6 times a year)
- CMS (WordPress) knowledge a plus
- Fluent in Spanish
Please submit a covering letter to Arabella Stickels outlining why you would be a good fit for this position, along with your resume. If we are considering you as a candidate, you will hear from us within 3 days to arrange a phone interview.