Wednesday, April 24, 2024 – Pre-CREF
Nowhere in the region has seen faster growth or more investment in the clean energy transition than the Dominican Republic. Gathering public and private sector leaders, this dedicated workshop will provide critical insight and guidance on new regulatory policies, updates to the PPA bidding process, and the outlook for the pipeline for utility-scale and DG renewable energy projects.
2:00 pm – Prioritizing Transition and Energy Security: The Administrations Vision To Transform the Energy Sector
- Developments to regulatory policy, and strategy to deliver on the National Energy Plan 2021 – 2036
- Regulation on battery storage and what it means for the market
- Updates to the PPA bidding process and impact on project bankability
- What opportunities will emerge for private sector participation in-line with the strategic vision for the national energy future?
2:30 pm – The Pipeline for Utility-Scale RE Projects
- Assessment of power market players/installations
- What is next for the growing pipeline of utility scale projects and how is policy driving appetite?
- Assessing project bankability and availability of financing
3:15 pm – Refreshments & Networking
3:45 pm – Growing the Opportunity for Small-Scale Generation
- What trends are we seeing in the DG space? How to drive forward further development
- Where are the opportunities for small scale generation?
- How can policy best support generation expansion?
- Addressing limitations of the grid
4:30 pm – Investing and Financing DR Clean Energy Projects
- What trends are we seeing in the appetite of investors for RE projects?
- How does the Green Taxonomy regulation impact on investment and how can this be optimized?
- How are local investment funds engaging with the market? What are they looking for in terms of projects and partners?
5:30 pm – Case Studies
6:00 pm – Closing remarks and CREF Kick-Off Cocktail Reception
How to Register
The Dominican Republic Focus Session will take place before the CREF main event at the JW Marriott Marquis on April 24 from 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm. It is an optional, additional registration item and the incremental fee to attend is $475. You will be provided with the option to register for it when you register for CREF.