Wednesday, April 24, 2024 – Pre-CREF
Join us for a dynamic workshop aimed at boosting the bankability of renewable energy projects in the Caribbean region. This intensive session will equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to navigate the complex landscape of project financing, risk mitigation, and stakeholder engagement.
Throughout the interactive sessions, participants will connect with industry experts, donor organizations, investors, and fellow participants to foster collaboration and explore potential partnerships for projects.
8:30 am – Workshop Welcome, Objectives and Agenda
8:35 am – REGULATION: New Regimes for New Investor Confidence
Guided by the ouputs of IRAC 2023, and detailed analysis over the past year, the Caribbean Development Bank provides guidance into why effective regulatory policy is a key element to project bankability and how this can be achieved.
- What does project bankability mean in this context? And how can regulation impact on de-risking of projects?
- The Minimum Regulatory Function: The key to investor confidence
9:45 am – PROJECT PREPARATION FACILITIES
This session will provide a guide to the existing project prep facilities available for renewable energy projects, including grants, loans, equity, and international funding mechanisms.
- Mapping the entities offering project preparation programs for regional RE projects:
- Facility detail: sizes, criteria for engagement, modalities
- Where are the opportunities for collaboration to optimize outcomes?
10:45 am – Coffee Break
11.00 am – PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION – Managing Risk
- What considerations should feature in risk mitigation design? Where are the common oversights and missteps of which to be aware?
- How to enhance risk profile ensuring more attractive investment propositions?
- Case study risk mitigation walk-through
11.45 am – BLENDED FINANCE
- How to blend the optimal mix of donor and private capital
- How to develop robust financial models that are attractive to both concessional/multilateral agencies and private investors.
- Blended success stories. We’ll explore case studies where a mix of concessional/multilateral and private capital has been effectively deployed
12.30 pm – Conclusions and Close of Workshop
How to Register
Caribbean Project Preparation will take place before the CREF main event at the JW Marriott Marquis on April 24 from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm. It is an optional, additional registration item. The incremental fee to attend the Caribbean Project Preparation Focus Session is $475. You will be provided with the option to register for it when you register for CREF.