What’s driving the agenda at PR-GRID 2020?
PR-GRID 2020 marks a pivotal moment for the Puerto Rican energy market. The entire landscape is changing—with PREPA looking to privatize, billions in federal funding in limbo, and ambitious plans set out in Act 17 and the IRP.
Up for discussion at this year’s event are:
- Putting the pieces together. Given the implications of the IRP, the obligations to bondholders, and plans to privatize the nation’s public utility, how will Puerto Rico hit the benchmarks in Act 17, making it to 100% renewable by 2050?
- Understanding the IRP. What role will distributed energy and solar & storage play? How does natural gas fit into that?
- Infrastructure & industry resilience. How do the recent earthquakes impact grid planning, particularly for investment in generation assets? Is Puerto Rico’s grid more resilient since Maria? Will industry and municipalities become prosumers and invest in self-generation to stay competitive?
- The view from D.C. Federal funding from the CDBG-DR program is approved and in the pipeline—but it has yet to flow to Puerto Rico. What will it take to get this funding out?
- Investors, meet regulators. What do the recent slew of regulations mean for investors and developers?