Chile Geothermal Investment Workshop
Hosted by the Government of Chile, this workshop will explore the role of geothermal as envisaged in the national Energy Roadmap 2018-2022. What policies and regulation support, or will support, the development of geothermal in Chile? What role is envisaged for low enthalpy and for district heating? Where are opportunities emerging for international investors and how do they engage?
8:30 am – Welcome Remarks: Ministry of Energy, Government of Chile
8:45 am – How Does Geothermal Fit into the National Energy Matrix
- Energy Roadmap 2018-2022. How does geothermal fit alongside other renewables?
- Geothermal Energy Roundtable. Outputs and lessons learned.
- Power system transformation (decarbonization, law on flexibility, bidding for electricity distributors)
9:30 am – What’s Next for Geothermal in Chile?
- Law 19.657 modification promoting shallow exploration
- Low enthalpy opportunities
- District energy/heating
- Opportunities for international investors and roadmap for engagement