The Caribbean Climate Smart Accelerator (CCSA) has applied for financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Consultancy Services for Development of a Caribbean Blended Finance for Resilience Fund and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under a contract for which this invitation is issued.
Summary of Terms:
- Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of CCSA and upon approval by CDB and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the CDB Financing Agreement and Procurement Guidelines
- The CBFR is proposed as a regional blended financial instrument for sourcing equity, impact investment, mezzanine, debt and a risk mitigation window for climate-resilient infrastructure projects, with a focus on sustainable energy. The purpose of which is to promote energy security, resilience and environmental sustainability in the Caribbean, catalyse investment and entrepreneurship in clean energy, and to contribute to stable and sustainable energy prices.
- The fund will aim to support both public and private sector climate-resilient infrastructure investments and recovery or ‘building back better’ strategies with the following key objectives:
(a) Confirmation of a fund structure and size most appropriate to satisfy the regional demand and attract investment in the fund;
(b) Preparation of a Business Plan, including financial models; and,
(c) Preparation and implementation of a fund development strategy and action plan to secure investment and achieve full operationalisation.
- The duration of the assignment is expected to be for a period of (12) twelve months.
- Consultants shall be eligible to participate if in the case of a body corporate, it is legally incorporated or otherwise organised in an eligible country. Eligible countries are member countries of CDB. Consultants are advised to review the detailed eligibility criteria detailed in Section 4 and conflict of interest provisions in Section 5 of the Procurement Procedures for Projects Financed by CDB (January, 2021), as published on CDB’s website.
- All information must be submitted in English.
- Deadline for submission no later than COB Monday 31st May 2021.
- Queries may be addressed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The full REOI and contact details can be found here