Who is the fiscal sponsor of the Summit?

IJGlobal, the infrastructure division of Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, headquartered in London, is the fiscal sponsor of the conference. All payments for sponsorship and registrations will be made to, and received by, IJGlobal in London.

The Cuban Center for Renewable Technologies is a non-fiscal partner on the event.


Can I do business in Cuba?

Most non-US companies will have no restrictions on trade or investment in Cuba.

For US-based companies, the embargo remains in place; regulations however continue to ease.

The two key government agencies that provide guidance on private sector engagement with Cuba are the U.S. Department of Commerce and the US Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).

View Department of Commerce guidelines here.

View OFAC guidelines here.

For both US and non-US companies we recommend you contact the relevant government agency and/or your embassy in Havana for any questions or concerns you may have.


Can I travel to Cuba?

For most international travelers, entering Cuba is like traveling to any other part of the Caribbean. US travelers are able to enter Cuba with a business or tourist visa depending upon the purpose of the visit.

Consult with your embassy in Havana regarding visa restrictions.


Are flights available to Cuba?

Direct travel is available for many parts of Europe and Canada.

From the US, flights are available through American Airlines and Jet Blue. Flights leave regularly out of New York, Miami, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles.

We are working with a US-based Cuba travel specialist. We will put conference attendees directly in touch to discuss travel requirements.


Do I need a visa to enter Cuba?


We have confirmed with the U.S. embassy that all event participants will be able to travel to Cuba with a tourism visa.

Professional meetings are one of the twelve categories in which individuals can travel to Cuba under a tourism visa.

Should you do business in Cuba in the future, you will need an A7 visa.


How do I acquire a visa to Cuba?

Non-US citizens should consult the Cuban embassy in their country on the process for acquiring a visa.

For US citizens, we will connect you with a travel agency that can assist you with this process.


How long does it take to acquire a visa?

Although acquiring a visa can take as little as 48 hours, we recommend that all conference participants begin the visa application process as soon as possible.


How do I pay for accommodations in Cuba?

We have a block of rooms available at the conference venue.

International companies can book their rooms directly with the hotel.

US companies must make their reservations through a travel agency. Information will be supplied on registration.


What are current US regulations on travel to Cuba?

The US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) has defined 12 categories of authorized travel, several of which may be applied to participation in the Summit.

Read more about travel to Cuba on the website of the US embassy in Havana and on the website of the US Treasury Department.


Can I use my credit or debit card in Cuba?

If your card is issued by a non-US entity, yes.

For all US cardholders you will not be able to use your credit card.


Can I use US currency in Cuba?



Can I convert dollars?

Dollars are easily exchangeable at hotels, including the conference venue.

Cuba has two currencies, the Cuba peso (CUP) and the Cuban convertible peso (CUC). The CUC is pegged to the US dollar. As an international traveler, you will convert your currency to CUCs.


As a US entity, is my company able to sponsor the event?

For US companies, you should check OFAC guidelines on engagement with Cuba.

Non US entities will be able to sponsor the event.


Will I be able to access the internet while in Cuba?

Yes. Some hotels, including the conference venue, offer Internet at an hourly rate and some Wi-Fi hotspots are available throughout the city.


Will my phone work in Cuba?

Non-US cell phones should work. US cell phones are unlikely to work.


Do I need health insurance?

The government of Cuba requires that all travelers from abroad, including Cubans living abroad, have proof of medical insurance before entering the country.

While health insurance can be purchased at the Havana airport upon arrival, most insurance companies will provide a “Cuba declaration” upon request.

For Canadian visitors, proof of Canadian provincial health insurance is sufficient for entry.


Are any specific vaccines needed to enter Cuba?