Director of Content
New Energy Events is a Hudson Valley-based organizer of international clean energy events looking for a part-time Director of Content. This is an opportunity to join a fun & growing team and make a significant contribution to supporting world-class events that support clean energy investment in a growing portfolio of markets and sectors.
The Director of Content will have a deep understanding of the clean energy sector that translates into a content strategy which both solidifies New Energy Event’s role as a thought leader and generates interest in our events.
– Disseminate market intel for one of the region’s premier sources of clean energy market news and information
– Develop and manage New Energy Event’s editorial plan and media content
– Source new editorial topics, and developing feature stories on market trends and developments
– Undertake in-depth research, using news publications, aggregators, surveys, conversations with market leaders, etc. to better understand and communicate opportunities within the market
– Follow news coverage of areas and sectors where we are active – primarily Latin America and the Caribbean – with daily posting of news coverage and market developments on social media and our website
– Identify and gather market data and insights to generate potential new products and events
– Work closely with event programmers to conduct preliminary research for conference topics and expertise
– Provide editorial oversight for event marketing content
– Utilise SEO to place editorial content in front of our market and new customers and increase engagement across social media channels
The Director of Content will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows an immediate impact on the team. We are in the middle of vibrant Beacon in the mid Hudson Valley – just over an hour by train from NYC.
This is a part-time position (15-20 hours per week) based in the New Energy Events office with the ability to work remotely for 3 days a week. A competitive rate per hour will be provided, based on experience.
What you’ll need to succeed
– Experienced journalist/writer/market analyst with 5+ years relevant experience covering the clean energy market
– Proven social-media skills, understanding of how to tailor content specific to social platforms where we are active, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook; to expand our social media presence and reach
– Strong research skills, understand how to source and fact-check, and keep relevant topics at the forefront of our media offerings
– Detail-oriented, team-oriented, multi-tasking pro
– Exceptional oral and written communication skills
– Strong relationship-building skills
– CMS (WordPress) knowledge a plus
– Fluency in Spanish also a plus
Please submit a covering letter to Matthew Perks outlining why you would be a good fit for this position, along with your resume. If we are considering you as a candidate, you will hear from us within 3 days to arrange a phone interview.