Site Visit: Schedule
Friday, July 19 (please note this is the day after the main GEOLAC program concludes)
- Fly from Santiago to Calama, approx. a two-hour flight. We recommend you book on one of the two following airlines: www.latam.com or www.skyairline.com
- Arrive in Calama early evening
- It is recommended that participants stay at Hotel Diego de Almagro Alto El Loa
- 8 pm – Dinner hosted by Enel at Hotel Diego de Almagro Alto El Loa
Saturday, July 20
- 8 am – Bus leaves from Hotel Diego de Almagro Alto El Loa
- 12 pm – Arrive at Cerro Pabellón, guided tour of the facilities
- 2 pm – Depart from Cerro Pabellón
- 5 pm – Arrive at Calama airport for return flight to Santiago
There is no fee to attend the site visit, but please note that you will be required to fund the flight to Calama and overnight accommodation. Enel/GDN will host a dinner on July 19th and will provide transportation to and from Calama. Breakfast and lunch will also be provided on July 20th.
All GEOLAC delegates joining the site visit must produce a medical waiver signed by a doctor. The waiver must state that the delegate has been examined and is able to travel to high altitudes e.g. over 4,500m approx. above sea level. Without the medical authorization, travel will not be permitted to the geothermal plant.
The waiver must be supplied no later than July 12th and may be sent via email to mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org or may be presented to a member of the GEOLAC team at the registration desk.
Please email a copy of your passport to email@example.com.
Clothing & Footwear
Delegates attending the site visit must wear closed-toe shoes. Please note that it will likely be extremely cold and you should pack accordingly.
How to attend
You will have the option to reserve a place for the site visit when you register to attend GEOLAC. This is a complimentary optional registration item.