Hon. Dr. Irving Mcintyre
Government of Dominica
Minster of Finance and Minister for Health, Wellness and New Health Investment
- Honourable Dr. Irving McIntyre was born in the small community of Fond Canie on October 2, 1963.
- He graduated from the Saint Mary’s Academy and later the Sixth Form College in Dominica before pursuing studies in Medicine at the Indira Gandhi Medical College in Shimla, India. Upon graduating from medical school he began working in Dominica at the Princess Margaret Hospital shortly thereafter.
- Dr. McIntyre was Senior Medical Officer at the Accident and Emergency Department at the Princess Margaret Hospital up to 2009 when he left to operate his private medical practice full time. He began his private practice in 1999 to present and continues to be one of Dominica’s most notable physicians caring for the health and social well-being of people from all back grounds both in his professional and personal capacities.
- He was a clinical instructor to students at the Ross University School of Medicine in the advanced introduction to clinical medicine programme. He also supervised students on their family practice clerkship rotations.
- Dr. McIntyre is a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) representative for the Dominica Olympic Committee at the Regional Anti-Doping Organization (RADO).
- He was resident Doctor for the Windward Islands Volcanoes Cricket Team, Harlem Football Club, Dominica Cricket Association, Dominica Boxing Association and was also ringside Doctor for the Caribbean Amateur Boxing Association at regional games in Trinidad and St. Thomas.
- Dr. McIntyre is a former National Basketball Player representing Dominica at various tournaments overseas and is presently a sponsor and member of local basketball clubs in his community. He is an avid hiker, a sportsman and swimmer with a passion for farming, having been born and raised on a farm.
- After Hurricane Maria in September 2017, Dr. McIntyre managed the procurement and distribution of relief supplies in his Constituency and also conducted free healthcare clinics in the capital city of Roseau, within his community and at the Harlsbro Medical Centre.
- On December 6, 2019, Dr. Irving McIntyre was victorious in the general elections and won the Roseau Valley Constituency Seat.
- On December 18, 2019, Dr. McIntyre was sworn in as the new Minister of Health, Wellness and New Health Investment.