The Island Resilience Action Challenge (IRAC) at CREF went virtual for 2020 and took place on December 17th!
IRAC 2019 RECAP
New Energy Events and Advanced Energy Group launched IRAC at CREF 2018 to build consensus around hurdles to grid resiliency in the Caribbean, and to identify real-world, actionable solutions. And then to act on them.
Annually, 100 island policy-makers, utilities, regulators, financiers, developers and manufacturers now gather at IRAC to:
- Collaboratively identify the most critical regional resilience challenges
- Identify a solution and move on immediate action to accomplish within 12 months
- Leverage the Action Challenge into a collaborative, accountable, 12 month Task Force
- Ultimately: Effect Change
The Challenge is co-hosted by the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB).
What did IRAC 2020 look like?
- A highly curated group of regional leaders gathered, by invitation only, to agree upon the single biggest challenge facing the development of resilient grids across the region
- On a bespoke virtual platform, those leaders along with private sector participants (limited to 30), dispersed into breakout rooms of 8 to 10 to generate solutions to the challenge
- Breakout room leaders presented their solutions back to the whole group
- Voting took place to decide upon the winning solution, a Task Force formed, and milestones agreed upon
Sponsor IRAC 2020
The Action Challenge Sponsorship includes significant brand visibility and the chance to help shape the IRAC discussion and results.
Sponsorship gives you the unique opportunity to serve as a Breakout Solution Group Leader. Your group will consist of leading Caribbean stakeholders (which can include government officials, regulators, investors, funders, and utilities). Together, you will collaborate on the development of a solution to the winning challenge at IRAC 2020. You will then present your group’s plan to the entire IRAC audience. You’ll be recognized in the IRAC Agenda, and your company will be showcased via brand promotion on the website, platform, and social media channels.
Sponsorships are limited in number. To learn more, please contact Jennifer Lavenhar, Director of Client Solutions, at email@example.com
Take a look at what the 2019 IRAC task force is up to here.