Tuesday, September 19 | 2:15 pm – 3:45 pm
The scale of financing towards resilient infrastructure development in the Caribbean region is far below estimated existing and future needs. Whether it is the energy, housing, transport or health, there is a pressing need to close the gap on access to sustainable infrastructure and the vulnerability to climate events. Sustainable finance can serve as a catalyst to mobilize capital for this purpose.
The Sustainable Finance Workshop will explore the latest market trends, innovative structures and best practices to strengthen demand and supply for sustainable finance towards infrastructure in the Caribbean region. Our aim is to provide insights into the tools that credibly and consistently drive investments required for the urgent action required to support sustainable infrastructure development in the region.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Why is sustainable finance important to infrastructure projects?
- Market state of play and trends
- What are some of the key sustainable finance tools applicable to Infrastructure projects?
- Green bonds, sustainability bonds, sustainability-linked bonds, debt-for-nature swaps & blue bonds, de-risked issuances/blended finance, etc.
- Best practice to draw from these pools of capital in the current market environment
- 7 steps to issuing a green or blue bond, or other selected instrument
- Success stories around past issuances & key considerations to ensure success
Participants will include Caribbean government officials and representatives, investors, and developers.
How to Register
The Sustainable Finance Workshop will take place after the CARIF main event at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove on September 19 from 2:15 pm – 3:45 pm. It is an optional, additional registration item. It is complimentary for all senior Caribbean government officials who should contact us to receive a code to apply to the online registration for 2023. For all other attendees, the incremental fee to attend the workshop is $195. You will be provided with the option to register for it when you register for CARIF.