The Blue Economy represents a paradigm shift for the Caribbean. BEC 2019 gathers regional stakeholders to build that paradigm—creating a market that effectively leverages and sustains coastal resources.
Sessions focus on the following themes:
- Blue Economy Briefing from the last 12 months, with a look at emerging programs and how the region has responded to action items from BEC 2018.
- Marine Renewables are poised to provide energy security and resilience across the region. Panelists will look at technology, finance and regulation as pieces of that system, and how to balance opportunity with environmental policy.
- Matching Financial Tools to Projects means creating the right partnership structures and understanding funding options. What opportunities exist, and what does private capital need to see in order to invest in the region?
- Gender Equity and inclusion will be a critical measure of success for blue-growth strategies. How do we foster that equity? And what can we learn from women in the field?
- Reflections and Regional Perspectives from policymakers offer critical insights and updates on work happening in the BE space.
Plus, expert panelists will Brainstorm the biggest issues facing Blue Economy development in the region, collaborating with delegates to find solutions.